Things That Make Me Jolly:
- Dinner with Friends.
- Going to the Movies
- Late Night Sleep Overs (that involve wine and lots of laughs).
- Alone Time with the Hubster (watching Wedding Singer and playing Rummy, ha ha)
- Watching A Christmas Story (it never stops being funny. “You’ll shoot your eye out!”)
Things that Make me Feel Non-Jolly (or ready to pull out my hair)
- Crazed shoppers (who don’t think twice about bodily harm in order to grab a gift someone might return anyway).
- The Gift Card Fiasco- (as it will forever be known). EVERYONE and their mother came into work today to use their gift cards. That’s usually not a problem, except half of them had STARBUCKS gift cards. We are a B&N Cafe. We DONT accept Starbucks giftcards. Sheesh. If I had to say that one more time today, I thought I’d pop a capillary.
- Cranky Days when NOTHING goes right. (See also, Today. *le sigh*)
- Working on a Deadline with a story that won’t cooperate. (*loses a second capillary*)
I think it’s a good sign that the positives outweigh the negatives. It means I haven’t succumbed to the dark cynical anger that bites at me this time of year. Not yet anyway. There’s still a little bit of merriment left in my heart. 😉 Ha ha.
I hope you all enjoyed your families and friends. I know I’m thankful for mine.
You know what? Add one more thing to my Jolly list.
- The people I work with. I really love my job. And the people I work with make it a great place to be. Thanks guys. (Melissa, I know you might be reading this, so just know that this especially includes you. Thanks for today. Sorry I was such a grouch. Ha ha) *HUGS*