Cough has come to visit it’s darling Aunt Flu. I’m not happy about the reunion, but really, what can I do? *sigh* So, I’m once again on home lockdown until I can fight off whatever nasty bit has taken over my body.
I think it has also partly taken over my brain, but that’s a separate matter all together. I’ve been writing little bits of my WIP, but what was clear (plotwise) just a few days ago has turned into a muddled questioning of everything I thought I understood. I keep trying to remind myself that it’s just the cold medicine making me loopy. It doesn’t remove the frustration over it though.
So, I gave myself yesterday off, writing wise, and just relaxed. Watched tv. Today I may rent a movie. I’ll focus on writing when I get better. *argh* I hate saying that. Especially when I was on a roll. But, c’est la vie.
The awesome Bettie Sharpe tagged me to blog seven random facts about myself. So here it is:
1. I have double jointed elbows. If I lean my weight on my arms, I can actually rotate my elbow in and out, without moving my wrists or hands at all.
2. Even though I’ve spoken English since I was like five years old, I was heavily immersed in the Spanish community until I was about fifteen. Because of that, I still sometimes think in Spanish, which can be amusing. For example, I’m calling to my husband from the closet telling him to grab a maleta so that I can get our stuff together for the trip. I don’t of course realize that I’ve said the word in Spanish. I simply assume he knows that I’m talking about a suitcase. Now, after three years of marriage he does, but, it still makes him laugh that there are words I can’t think of off the top of my head in English.
3. I have 20/20 vision. But that wasn’t always the case. I was diagnosed to wear glasses when I was in 3rd grade. I hated them. I didn’t wear them. By 9th grade, I needed them again, to see the chalkboard. I wore them/contacts through most of high school. By the end of my junior year, the doctor said I didn’t need them anymore. I still can’t explain how that happened.
4. I have 8 brothers and sisters. Two from my mother’s side, six from my father’s side (including twins!). However, between my mother and father, I am actually an only child. Go figure.
5. My little sister and I used to put on Ice Capade shows in roller skates (the old school, four wheel ones). Inside the house. Ha ha. Must be like riding a bike though. I can hardly stand on skates anymore.
6. Speaking of riding bikes, I didn’t learn to ride until I was eleven. And I learned on a pink Barbie bike with training wheels. How embarassing.
7. I’m obsessed with all things fashion. Couture, runway, hair, makeup, shoes, everything you can possibly imagine. I, however, have a pathetic personal fashion sense. My friends used to joke about me being Bill Cosby because I own a sweater in EVERY color. lol
And that concludes getting to know your author. 😉